VPNs can protect your IP address, hide your location, and encrypt your data. These are the best VPNs to disguise your IP.
What’s an IP Address?
An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a unique number assigned to every device that connects to the internet. Your computer, mobile phone, tablet, and even your smart TV all have an IP address.
IP addresses are used to identify your network and location. There are two types of IPs: IPv4 and IPv6. The difference between the two is the number of possible addresses. IPv4 only allows 4 billion, whereas IPv6 will never run out.
Why Should I Hide my IP?
- Conceal your country, city, and home address.
Hiding your IP address will camouflage your location and make you appear as if you’re somewhere else.
- Hide your browsing history.
IP’s expose your metadata and the websites you visit, leading to unwanted ads.
- Avoid unwanted surveillance
Governments, agencies, and even ISPs will monitor your online activity. Using a VPN to hide your IP address will protect your privacy.
- Protect yourself from hackers
Hackers can find out a lot about you from your IP address and target you for an attack.
- Bypass online restrictions
Many websites block content depending on where you’re located. Hiding your IP will let you access them.
How do I hide my IP address and location?
Simply use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to hide your IP address and location. By connecting to the Internet via a VPN server, you are able to use the virtual IP address of the VPN service, not your real public IP address.
This has the following benefits:
- A VPN masks your real location by using an IP address from a different location
- A VPN allows you to choose your IP address location and use online services that can only be used in certain locations
- A logless VPN does not record your browsing history
- A VPN encrypts the data you send and receive, dramatically increasing your privacy and security